Get Your Summer Read On Day is approaching!
June 14, 2018
Get Your Summer Read On (GYSRO) Day is fast approaching for libraries across Canada! Libraries will be kicking off their TD Summer Reading Club by offering events and activities on a day of their choice between Saturday June 16 and Saturday June 23, 2018.
Ensure all kids and families, including those with disabilities, feel welcome at your Get Your Summer Read On events. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Display your accessible notebooks
- Print a copy of the Accessible Notebook written in Open Dyslexic font for kids with learning disabilities and display it with your notebooks
- Include audio books, large print or other non-print formats in your book displays
- Use our Tip sheet with accessible activity ideas to make crafts and games inclusive for those with vision loss, learning disabilities and physical disabilities
- Promote your events on social media and connect with local disability organizations in your area
All these ideas and more are available on CELA’s TD Summer Reading Club page for libraries. You may also find this guide, Planning Accessible Events by Accessibility Ontario useful for any larger events your library is holding.
Questions? Contact CELA Member Services at 1-855-655-2273 ext 2, or email@example.com.
Reminder: we’re asking participating libraries to keep track of how many registrations they receive on their GYSRO Day and report them back to us. Please submit the total number of kids registered on your GYSRO Day, along with your branch name/system name (as applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 29, 2018.