2019 TD Summer Reading Club Participant Survey Results
November 18, 2019
At the end of the summer, kids and parents/caregivers were asked to evaluate the 2019 TD Summer Reading Club. We received a total of 763 responses from kids and 468 responses from parents and caregivers.
Library members can access a summary of the survey results, which you can share with your library staff and other stakeholders.
The responses from the surveys indicate that the 2019 TD Summer Reading Club was effective in many ways:
- 97% of children will consider joining the Club again
- 96% of children increased or maintained their enjoyment of reading
- 90% of children said that they read more often or the same amount over the summer
- 84% of parents/caregivers agree that their child maintained or improved their reading skills over the summer
- 75% of parents/caregivers agree that their child is a more confident reader
- 75% of parents/caregivers agree that their child was able to find books that reflected their identity and experiences.
We thank all library members who helped promote the surveys to participants. The TD Summer Reading Club team will use the findings to improve the Club for future years.