What kinds of information do we collect?
We collect personal information if you ask for things like a response to a feedback form, when you use an on-line form to send information to a friend or your first name and province when you submit comments, a review or artwork on the TD Summer Reading Club website.
We also collect the additional information automatically each time you visit our website:
- the date and time of your visit
- what pages you went to
- the site you had been to before you came to us
- the type of browser and computer device you are using (for example, Firefox, computer, laptop, iPhone etc.)
- your operating system (for example, Apple, Windows, etc)
- the letters at the end of your internet providers web address (for example, rogers.com, etc)
- your computer's Internet address (for example, 999.99.999.99)
What do we do with personal information?
We use personal information to do the following things:
- improve our website
- help answer any questions you might have
- keep records of visitor numbers
- carry out research and create statistics
What are cookies? They’re not for dipping in milk so what are they?
- remember the Library system you chose so we can give you quick access to information about your Library and link books, when possible directly to your Library's website so you can go and get them.
- remember which games you've played and where you are in certain games so when you are off playing outside can come back to the website, you don't have to start all over again.
This information stays on your computer after you have left the site, but can be delete by you. If you want to do this, you must discuss this with your parents before doing so.
As before, you must discuss this with your parents before making any changes. Our site will work better if you allow cookies, but it will still work if you disable them.
What about websites we link to?
Can I access any personal data you have about me?
Yes you can. If you would like a copy, please contact
Program Manager, Library and Archives Canada, 613-552-3568