Congratulations to the English Program Winners of the 2021 Library Awards and the Accessibility Award Winner!
June 08, 2022
The three English program winners of the 2021 TD Summer Reading Club Library Awards and the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) Accessibility Award winner were announced at an online awards ceremony on June 8, 2022, during the Atlantic Provinces Library Association conference. The Library Awards winners were
- First prize ($8,000)—Penhold & District Library (Alberta)
- Second prize ($4,000)—Melville Public Library (Saskatchewan)
- Third prize ($2,000)—Pembroke Public Library (Ontario)
Four libraries stood out and received an honourable mention:
- Oxford County Library (Ontario)
- Six Nations Public Library (Ontario)
- Thunder Bay Public Library (Ontario)
- Victoria Municipal Library (Manitoba)
After a year of absence due to the pandemic, the CELA Accessibility Award is back. It has been awarded to a library that offered an excellent accessible program in 2021. The winner is
- Centre Hastings Public Library (Madoc), Ontario
Go to the Library Awards page on the TDSRC website to read the jury members’ comments. They were very impressed with the programs created by the winning libraries and those that received an honourable mention. You can also watch the videos produced by the winners highlighting their very successful activities and the efforts made by library staff to provide original and innovative reading clubs.
For more information about the CELA Accessibility Award, click here.
Congratulations again to all 2021 winning libraries and honourable mention recipients of both English and French programs!