StoryWalk® 2021 is ready to go!
May 27, 2021
The TD Summer Reading Club is pleased to announce that the StoryWalk® kits are ready to be shipped to libraries across the country. More than 1,100 libraries will be hosting the StoryWalk® this summer! Participating libraries will receive their StoryWalk® kits in the mail in the coming weeks, in preparation for our June 15 launch date. Keep your eyes out for your kit!
Reminder: If you are participating in StoryWalk®, please sign and return the COVID-19 Protocol to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31 so we can ship your kit to you.
If you have not received your kit by June 11, contact email@example.com. Please note, our contact person has changed.
Check out our promotional posters. Print and use the posters to promote your StoryWalk® locations and dates.
Delivery and installation:
- StoryWalk® kits will be delivered by Purolator between May 25 and June 15.
- We cannot provide your library with delivery times. You may have to pick up your StoryWalk® kit at the post office or a central location if no one is present at the time of delivery.
- Use the metal pegs to attach the book pages onto the stands.
- Push the bottom of each stand into soft ground (like a tent peg).
- Adjust the angle of each page for easier reading by bending the pegs they are on.
- If you don’t have green space: Tape the Coroplast book pages to outside walls for a socially distanced program.
- If you are concerned about vandalism, please bring your StoryWalk® in at night.
- Our StoryWalk® book is The Thing Lou Couldn’t Do, by Ashley Spires. The panels are available in English, French and bilingual formats.
- StoryWalk® kits can be used from June 15 to September 6, 2021. You cannot exceed these dates because of our licencing agreement with the book publisher.
- The kits include 18 pages and stands (Coroplast pages are 12 inches x 22 inches; stands are 21 inches high with 6-inch pegs for attaching the pages).
- Can we keep the StoryWalk® kit? Yes! We hope you will reuse the stands again for a future TDSRC StoryWalk® program.
- Must we display the StoryWalk® from June 15 to September 6, 2021? No, just for however long it makes sense in your community.
- How can I safely clean and disinfect the panels? Fill a spray bottle with water and add a few drops of liquid dish soap. This will be enough to clean the surfaces without removing the ink from the panels. Don’t use an alcohol-based cleaner!
- How do we protect our StoryWalk® panels? The panels will stand up to weather. But, depending on your situation, you may want to bring them in at night.
- What happens in case of damage or loss? We will have a few extras on hand in case you need a replacement panel or stand. Just let us know and we can help.
- Can we place the StoryWalk® panels anywhere or do they have to be beside the library? Choose the spot that makes sense for your community. Be it in a park, along a community trail, inside the library, or at a playground, place StoryWalk® panels where they will be enjoyed.
- Will there be #hashtags for sharing on social media? We will make sure to promote the program on social media so your visitors can post photos. Our hashtags will be #TDSRCstorywalk and #CLETDsentiersdescontes.