StoryWalk® 2022 is ready to go!
April 27, 2022
The TD Summer Reading Club is pleased to announce that the StoryWalk® kits are ready to be shipped to libraries across the country. More than 1,000 libraries will be hosting the StoryWalk® this summer! Participating libraries will receive their StoryWalk® kits in the mail in the coming weeks, in preparation for our June 13 launch date. Keep your eyes out for your kit!
All libraries that submitted a letter of agreement and an order form should have received an email confirming their registration. If you have not received one, please contact email@example.com.
Important program information:
· Check out our promotional posters. Print and use the posters to promote your StoryWalk® locations and dates.
· Use the 2022 StoryWalk® panels only from June 13 to September 5, 2022, in accordance with the licensing agreements with the publishers of this year’s stories
· Please note that English and bilingual I am Scary StoryWalk® kits can be shared between a maximum of two libraries, in order to comply with the licensing agreement with the publisher.
· Thanks to CNIB, accessible audio versions are available using QR codes featured on each panel.
· If you are concerned about vandalism or weather, please bring your StoryWalk® in at night or when inclement weather is forecast.
· Check out the 2021 StoryWalk® video to see creative ways libraries displayed their kits last year.
· Send Ashleyfirstname.lastname@example.org photos of your StoryWalk® throughout the summer for your chance to be featured in the 2022 video!
· Our hashtags are #TDSRCstorywalk and #CLETDsentiersdescontes.
· Please adhere to your local COVID-19 public health requirements and guidelines.
· Can we keep the StoryWalk® kit? Yes! We hope you will reuse the stands again for a future TDSRC StoryWalk® program. Panels can be repurposed (removing or covering the image) or recycled.
· Must we keep the StoryWalk® up from June 13 to September 5, 2022? No, just for however long it makes sense in your community. You cannot exceed these dates because of our licencing agreement with the book publisher.
· How can I safely clean the panels to disinfect them? Fill a spray bottle with water and add a few drops of liquid dish soap. This will be enough to clean the surfaces without removing the ink from the panels. Don’t use an alcohol-based cleaner!
· What happens in case of damage or loss? We will have a few extras on hand in case you need a replacement panel or stand, but quantities are limited. Please reach out to Ashleyemail@example.com.
Can we place the StoryWalk® panels anywhere, or do they have to be beside the library? Whatever makes sense for your community works. Be it in a park, along a community trail, inside the library, or in a playground, place StoryWalk® panels where they will be enjoyed.