StoryWalk® 2023 is ready to go!
May 08, 2023
The TD Summer Reading Club is pleased to announce that the StoryWalk® kits are ready to be shipped to libraries across the country. More than 1,000 libraries will be hosting the StoryWalk® this summer! Participating libraries will receive their StoryWalk® kits in the mail in the coming weeks, in preparation for our June 12 launch date. Keep your eyes out for your kit!
All libraries that submitted a letter of agreement and an order form should have received an email confirming their registration. If you have not received one, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important program information:
- Treasure includes 18 pages and stands, with these dimensions:
- Stands are 21 inches (53.34 centimetres) high with 6-inch (15.24-centimetre) pegs for attaching the pages.
- Coroplast pages are 10-1/2 inches (25.4 centimetres) by 23-1/5 inches (58.42 centimetres).
- Check out our promotional poster. Print and use the posters to promote your StoryWalk® locations and dates.
- Use the 2023 StoryWalk® panels only from June 12 to September 4, 2023, in accordance with the licensing agreements with the publishers of this year’s story.
- Thanks to CNIB, accessible audio versions are available using QR codes featured on each panel.
- If you are concerned about vandalism or weather, please bring your StoryWalk® in at night or when inclement weather is forecast.
- Send Ashleyemail@example.com photos of your StoryWalk® throughout the summer for your chance to be featured in a TDSRC 2023 video!
- Our hashtags are #TDSRCstorywalk and #CLETDsentiersdescontes.
- Can we keep the StoryWalk® kit? Yes! We hope you will reuse the stands again for a future TDSRC StoryWalk® program. Panels can be repurposed (removing or covering the image) or recycled.
- Must we keep the StoryWalk® up from June 12 to September 4, 2023? No, just for however long it makes sense in your community. You cannot exceed these dates because of our licencing agreement with the book publisher.
- How can I safely clean the panels to disinfect them? Fill a spray bottle with water and add a few drops of liquid dish soap. This will be enough to clean the surfaces without removing the ink from the panels. Don’t use an alcohol-based cleaner!
- What happens in case of damage or loss? We will have a few extras on hand in case you need a replacement panel or stand, but quantities are limited. Please reach out to Ashleyfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can we place the StoryWalk® panels anywhere, or do they have to be beside the library? Whatever makes sense for your community works. Be it in a park, along a community trail, inside the library, or in a playground, place StoryWalk® panels where they will be enjoyed.