StoryWalk® is back for summer 2022
February 22, 2022
The TD Summer Reading Club is pleased to announce another free StoryWalk® for summer 2022, following a successful pilot project last summer. A StoryWalk® is a fun, socially distanced activity that places a children’s book, page by page, on laminated poster boards along a path or in a park. Kids and their families have the opportunity to enjoy reading a book while strolling through their community.
The only thing better than one StoryWalk® is two! They are free and available to libraries across Canada registered for the TD Summer Reading Club. Libraries will be able to choose between I Am Scary, by Elise Gravel, and Sometimes I Feel Like a Fox, by Danielle Daniel.
-Our StoryWalk® books are available in English, French and bilingual formats.
-StoryWalk® kits can be used by participating libraries for the summer of 2022, from June 13 to Labour Day.
-Quantities are limited: 400 of each book. We will try our best to accommodate everyone, but due to high demand, you may not receive as many kits as you request. Some branch-to-branch sharing may be necessary. We will let you know in advance if this is the case.
-A Letter of Agreement is required, in which libraries agree to the licensing terms and conditions, as well as to follow public health guidelines for events.
-I Am Scary includes 18 pages and stands, and Sometimes I Feel Like a Fox includes 16 pages and stands, with these dimensions:
- Stands are 21 inches (53.34 centimetres) high with 6-inch (15.24-centimetre) pegs for attaching the pages.
- Coroplast pages are 11-7/8 inches (30.16 centimetres) by 23-7/8 inches (60.64 centimetres).
- Push the bottom of the stand into soft ground (like a tent peg).
- Insert a book page onto the metal pegs.
- Bend the pegs at an angle for easier viewing.
- If you do not have green space: Tape the Coroplast book pages to outside walls for a socially distanced program.