TD Summer Reading Club Participant Survey Results
November 13, 2018
At the end of the summer, kids and parents/caregivers were asked to evaluate the 2018 TD Summer Reading Club. We received a total of 507 responses from kids and 231 responses from parents and caregivers.
Library members can access a summary of the survey results, which you can share with your library staff and other stakeholders.
The responses from the surveys indicate that the 2018 TD Summer Reading Club was effective in many ways:
- 91% of kids said that they read more often or the same amount over the summer
- 99% of kids will consider joining the Club again
- 69% of parents/caregivers agree or strongly agree that their child is a more confident reader
- 83% of parents/caregivers agree or strongly agree that their child maintained or improved their reading skills over the summer
- 76% of parents/caregivers agree or strongly agree that their child used the library more often
We thank all library members who helped promote the surveys to participants. The TD Summer Reading Club team will use the findings to improve the Club for future years.