TD Summer Reading Club Library Awards in 2020
July 29, 2020
COVID-19 has required libraries across Canada to develop new approaches to existing programs in order to meet the needs of all involved, from clients to staff. Because of the challenges in offering a modified summer reading program in 2020, the application requirements and criteria for the TD Summer Reading Club Library Awards are different this year.
How to apply
Describe one aspect of your 2020 TD Summer Reading Club program that you are most proud of and/or that you feel was most successful considering the challenges libraries have faced due to the pandemic. (Maximum 750 words)
Be sure to consider and include in your submission:
- the goal of this part of your program and how that goal was met
- evidence of resourcefulness, effort, creativity and originality
- adherence to the TD Summer Reading Club brand guidelines
- supporting materials (optional) to highlight the effectiveness, appeal or inventiveness of this aspect of the program (a maximum of 5 photos/images or a 2-minute video)
Keep in mind that the TD Summer Reading Club’s primary goal is to keep children reading all summer by building their confidence in, and excitement about, reading.
1st prize: $8,000
2nd prize: $4,000
3rd prize: $2,000
Submissions should include:
- The 2020 TD Summer Reading Club application form
- 750 word summary
- Supporting materials (optional) (a maximum of 5 photos/images or a 2-minute video)
Submit as an electronic file to email@example.com by November 10, 2020.
Download the TD Summer Reading Club Library Awards brochure here
Complete details are outlined on the TD Summer Reading Club website.