Print Elements of the Program
Due to COVID-19 service disruptions, the 2020 print materials were held in storage and will distributed in 2021.
The bilingual pre-reader notebook is designed for parents and caregivers to use with their kids aged 0–5. It includes the following:
- Activities to encourage skill-building practices—talking, singing, playing, writing and reading—to help raise a reader
- Space to record items read or listened to, collect stickers, record the number of minutes read, or draw pictures
- Fun challenges
- A summer recap page
- A program certificate
- A colouring page
The bilingual school-age notebook is designed for kids aged 6–12. It includes the following:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM) activities
- Space to record an individual summer reading goal, items read or listened to, and the number of minutes read, as well as space to collect stickers or draw pictures
- A summer challenge checklist
- A comic-captioning activity
- A web advertisement with a trivia question and an illustrated joke, which encourages kids to visit our website
- A program certificate to be signed off once an established reading goal is achieved
- A board game
Libraries will receive large print notebooks and a promotional item to display to let families know that libraries offer accessible materials. Libraries should receive these in May.
Please see the Plan for Accessibility page for more information about accessible notebooks in a variety of formats (audio, large print, braille and open dyslexic font) and for practical tips to ensure your Club is accessible and inclusive for everyone.
Web access sticker
The web access code is printed on a sticker that children can stick onto the inside cover of their notebook. Children enter their web access code on the TD Summer Reading Club website (live as of mid-June 2021). Each sticker contains a unique code that enables kids and families to create an online notebook, read ebooks and track their reading and other website submissions.
Please note that kids can also generate a web access code directly on our website.
This item is bilingual.
There are 12 stickers on a perforated sheet, including two stickers with the TD Summer Reading Club logos and website URL—one English and one French. Stickers can be used as reading incentives by library staff or by parents and caregivers.
The fortune teller includes folding instructions, jokes, encouragement to join the Club and updated fortunes that kids of all ages will enjoy.
The fortune teller contains six fortunes and two spaces where children can write in their own fortunes.
There is an English fortune teller and a French fortune teller.
Top recommended reads
This brochure features the recommended reads in English and French as well as information for parents and caregivers, including the importance of summer reading, how to participate, reading tips, and how to find us online.
This item is bilingual.
The 11 x 17 inch promotional posters may be displayed in your library or posted in your community to promote the Club. There is space at the bottom of the poster to add your library’s information.
This item is bilingual (English on one side, French on the reverse).