Print Elements of the Program
Download our quick guide [coming soon] to all of the program materials, to print and share with your library staff.
The bilingual pre-reader notebook [coming soon] is designed for parents and caregivers to use with children aged 0 to 5. It includes the following:
- Activities to encourage skill-building practices—talking, singing, playing, writing and reading—to help raise a reader
- Space to record items read or listened to, collect stickers, record the number of minutes read, or draw pictures
- Fun challenges
- A summer recap page
- A program certificate
The bilingual school-age notebook [coming soon] is designed for kids aged 6 to 12. It includes the following:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM) challenges based on popular fairy tales
- Space to record an individual summer reading goal, items read or listened to, and the number of minutes read, as well as space to collect stickers or draw pictures
- A summer bingo challenge
- A comic-captioning activity
- A drawing activity
- A program certificate to be signed off once an established reading goal is achieved
- A board game
Libraries will receive large-print notebooks and a promotional item to display to let families know that libraries offer accessible materials. Libraries will receive these in May 2022.
Please see the plan for accessibility page for more information about accessible notebooks in a variety of formats (audio, large print, braille and open dyslexic font), and for practical tips to ensure that your Club is accessible and inclusive for everyone.
Web access sticker
The web access code is printed on a sticker that kids can attach to the inside cover of their notebook. They enter their web access code on the TD Summer Reading Club website (live as of June 13, 2022). Each sticker contains a unique code that enables kids and families to create an online notebook, read ebooks, and track their reading and other website submissions.
Please note that kids can also generate a web access code directly on our website.
This item is bilingual.
There are 12 stickers on a perforated sheet, including two with the TD Summer Reading Club logos and website URL—one in English and one in French. Stickers can be used as reading incentives by library staff or by parents and caregivers.
The corner bookmark includes folding instructions, jokes and encouragement to join the Club.
There is an English bookmark and a French bookmark.
Top recommended reads
This brochure [coming soon] features the recommended reads in English and French as well as information for parents and caregivers, including the importance of summer reading, how to participate, reading tips and how to find us online.
This item is bilingual.
The 11” x 17” promotional posters may be displayed in your library or posted in your community to promote the Club. There is space at the bottom of the poster to add your library’s information.
This item is bilingual (English on one side, French on the other).